All applicants for school teaching positions must be interviewed in person. Teachers are invited to interviews only after successfully passing the initial resume.
The process will follow a simple 7 stage process which will take 6-8 weeks, if you have any questions along the way please do not hesitate to contact us. There are no fixed deadlines for applications.
- Step 1 – Register with the site and complete your personal information. As part of this application, the following materials should be sent electronically: your most recent CV, photocopy of your degree(s) and teaching qualifcation(s), one passport photo and one full body photo. The photos are an important part of the application process so please make sure you are smiling, looking smart and the photos are not blurred. Do not send a resumes without a message. We’ve received way too many random resumes attached to an email message. Please make sure your email message is clear about why you are sending the resume and what job you are applying for.
- Step 2 – When we are in a position to recruit, We will contact you to arrange an informal chat if your application is successful.
- Step 3 – We will send your application to one of our partner schools for evaluation. This will take up to three weeks.
- Step 4 – Once we receive the positive feedback from the school, we will arrange a time for a representative of the school to have a telephone interview with you. This could be the director, a department supervisor or the head of foreign teachers at the school. We will provide you the job descriptions and school information several days before the interview.
This is an informal interview and normally last 10 -15 minutes. Most questions you'll be asked on the interview will be why you want to teach in China, How would you deal with a misbehaved or shy student and what would you do if the students in your class have different English levels.
Make sure you speak slowly and clearly especially if you have strong accent, avoid speaking at the same time as other people. You’ll be contacted shortly after your interview and be told whether your application has been successful or not.
If successful, you will provide us your Criminal Record Check information along with the photocopy of the information page of your passport. Once the school receive it, will send you the contract.
Please allow two to four weeks to reach the next stage.
- Step 5 – Working legally in China requires a “Z” Visa from a Chinese embassy or consulate. The Z visa is the only valid work visa. The school will provide you all the supporting documents. Your health-exam results is also required during the process. Further information on obtaining a Z visa and a complete list of required documents is available on the website of the Chinese Embassy.
Please allow three weeks to reach the next stage.
- Step 6 – Please tell us your VISA information and flight details as soon as they are available, so we can co-ordinate with the school to prepare for your arrival. The school will arrange an airport pick-up and reception upon your arrival.
- Step 7 – In addition to a valid Z visa, you must obtain a Residency Permit within thirty days of their entry into China. The school will arrange it for you and get it done within three working days. This will allow you multiple exit/entry to China during your contract period.